I can’t believe it’s already been a year since Branding Queens was released! Reflecting on this incredible journey, I am grateful for all the support and warm responses I have received from everyone.
I want to express my heartfelt thanks to all the readers, reviewers, podcast hosts, and event organizers who have embraced my passion for sharing the stories of these incredible women. It has been an honor to speak to over 20 thousand listeners and guests about these enduring brand dynasties and the lessons we can learn from their journeys. Your support and encouragement have meant the world to me.
I’m thrilled that Branding Queens was a finalist in three international book awards. However, it’s truly humbling to see this book being acknowledged in such a meaningful way.
Reflecting on the journey of publishing my first book, I have gained some valuable insights:
- Marketing a book is more challenging than writing a book.
- Getting book reviews is even more difficult, as they are critical for Amazon sales.
- It’s impossible to understand Amazon’s algorithm for SEO.
- I struggle to find the right search words and ASIN to optimize my advertising spend.
- Book awards add great buzz and credibility.
- Social media is hard to feed relevant content continuously.
- The jury is still out on the benefits of being a podcast guest as it concerns contributing to the ROI.
- Getting any free publicity is almost impossible unless you pay, even locally. The good news doesn’t sell.
- Bookstores still matter, but you must build strong relationships to help them move books.
- Book reading and signing events are fantastic on so many levels.
- This isn’t a race to the finish line but a marathon with many unplanned paths and surprising discoveries. I continue to learn.
- Final results are determined by commitment and resources (funding & time).
Despite the challenges, the greatest reward has been the passionate readers who understand the importance of sharing these twenty women’s incredible stories. One reviewer said, “Okay, so I’m totally fangirling over this book and the remarkable ladies whose business successes it documents. This author has done a fantastic job pulling together the stories of 20 successful female entrepreneurs….”
As we celebrate this first anniversary, I am excited about the future. I look forward to sharing these twenty incredible stories with even more entrepreneurial women and empowering them to create their own enduring brands based on caring.
Thank you all for your unwavering support. So, let’s raise a glass of Veuve Clicquot to toast the Branding Queens on its first anniversary, and here’s to many more majestic adventures ahead!